ABB Terra DC Wallbox
Wall Box Charging Stations
Compact 24 kW DC fast charger. Low-power, high-voltage architecture, for sites with defined or limited available power service – while offering 920 VDC charging capability.
Future-proof “Destination DC” charging
The Terra DC Wallbox is a compact 24 kW DC fast charger with one or two outlets supporting CCS and CHAdeMO protocols.
Operating the Terra DC Wallbox is easy thanks to a full color, daylight readable touchscreen display. This includes starting and stopping of charge sessions, progress indication during charging, help menus, language selection, and PIN code access control.
As connectivity is the key to successful EV charging installations, the Terra DC Wallbox features ABB Ability Connected Services to enable authentication, payment, monitoring, remote diagnostics and repair, as well as over-the-air updates and upgrades.
Benefits of low power DC solutions
Low power DC is an ideal solution for use cases demanding shorter charging times and higher charging asset utilization than can be provided by AC charging solutions. With a 24 kW compact DC solution, charging needs can be met in balance with load demands and infrastructure costs.
In AC charging solutions, the EV’s onboard converter is usually the limiting factor on the charging power that can be supplied to the car. With typical onboard ratings ranging from 3 kW to 11 kW, any additional power the AC charger could provide is left unused. With the Terra DC Wallbox, 24 kW peak DC power is provided directly to the battery, bypassing the limitations of an EV’s onboard converter.
High voltage charging capabilities
As electric vehicles and their use cases grow, high voltage DC charging has become more important to increase charging power while ensuring the highest safety, usability and utilization from charging assets. The Terra DC Wallbox can meet EV battery capabilities up to 920 VDC to enhance power output across a wider range of today’s and tomorrow’s EVs, including both passenger and fleet vehicles.
Compact. Tons of Features.
ABB Terra DC Wallbox Applications
- Private Use
- Single-Family Residential
- Public or Private Multi-family Tenants
- Commercial Properties
- Retail Locations
- Municipal Properties
- Automotive dealers
- Right-of-way parking
- Office, Workplace, Campus
- Delivery Fleets
- High Voltage Battery EV Fleets
- Sites with Sensitive Load Concerns
ABB Terra DC Wallbox Features
- Future-proof DC output voltage range from 150 to 920 VDC supporting EVs today and in the future
- Enables CCS1 only or CCS1 and CHAdeMO
- Daylight readable 7” full color touchscreen display
- Future proof connectivity:
- OCPP 1.6 and Smart Charging Profiles
- Capability for remote services and updates
- Compact design
- Robust all-weather enclosure for indoor and outdoor use
- RFID reader
ABB Terra DC Wallbox Key Optional Features
- On-screen PIN code authorization
- Input current limiting software to match site requirements
- Web tools for statistics, configuration, access management, remote diagnostics and repair
- Integration with back offices and payment platforms
- Customized branding possibilities
- Pedestal mounted option available
ABB Terra DC Wallbox Configurations
The Terra DC Wallbox is available in the following configurations:
- Single outlet CCS1
- Dual outlet CCS1 + CHAdeMO
- Single-phase, 208-240 VAC
- Three-phase, 480 VAC